With or without a carpet? The softness you feel with your first step on your feet in the mourning might turn out to be crucial for the start of your day. Apart from that, the surface of the carpet absorbs part of the sound, so it might prevent intense situations. If you are looking for another option, then you might just want to put two rugs by each side of the bed, without covering the whole floor.
Reconsider having a TV. Screens emit blue light, which could make falling asleep more difficult. Leave the TV, as well as other electronic devices, outside your bedroom and engage your attention with an actual book or a magazine, and not an e-reader.
Allow storage space for worn clothes. Whether you put them in a chest or in a basket, the important thing here is not to have them messed up all over your room, let alone on the floor. Every evening before going to bed, try to collect all of them and put them away.
Refresh the air. One of the main aspects of sound sleep is fresh air in the bedroom. Here are a few ways to maintain the freshness and cleanliness of your room:
– Use an air purifier with a HEPA filter in order to get rid of dust, pollen and other polluters.
– Place a plant or two in your bedroom (rubber figs, as well as other species in the same genus, are particularly good for purifying the air).
– Make the bedroom a shoe-free zone.
– Leave the windows open every morning for at least 15 – 20 minutes.
– Choose natural bedding materials and textiles which do not contain volatile organic compounds.
Text: Ivayla Vlahova